Q1: How can I contact a faculty member who works in a research field related to my own or one I am interest in?

A1: For the research field of each faculty member, please refer to the Faculty Profile , and contact the faculty member by email.

Q2: Are night courses provided?

A2: Unfortunately, night courses are not provided. Classes are held between 9:25 a.m. and 7:40 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Some of the campus facilities will be kept open during the night time after the classes are over. Students may continue their studies in those classrooms.

Q3: What qualifications may be obtained?

A3: Students who have completed the Environmental Design Program, which is one of the subprograms of the Environmental Design and Governance Program, and have met the predefined requirements can obtain the qualification of candidacy for the examination for first-class architects and building engineers (Ikkyu Kenchikushi) if they have two-years of working experience after the completion of the Program.
Students of the Graduate School of Media and Governance can obtain a teaching certification for junior and senior high schools by pre-registering for a teacher certificate program and earning the required credits.

Q4: Are there any courses available to professionals who would like to earn a degree while continuing their work?

A4: Yes, there is the Doctoral Program for Career Professionals. Those who have accumulated work experience of 5 years or more in corporations, government agencies, educational and research institutions or other institutions, will be able to pursue doctoral studies while continuing their professions. (Applicants with a Bachelor%%s degree are required to take a documentation examination prior to application to ensure that the applicant is qualified to apply.)
Doctoral Program for Career Professionals

Q5: Are there any differences in the screening process between an applicants who are Keio alumni and those who are not?

A5: No. Applicants are evaluated without reference to the school they have previously attended.

Q6: Should the Recommendation Letter/Evaluation Report be written by teachers who have taught the applicant?

A6: No. These documents do not necessarily have to be written by teachers who have taught the applicant. However, it is necessary for the applicant to be assessed on the following criteria; (1) intellectual ability, (2) originality and creativity, (3) cooperativeness, (4) responsibility and reliability, (5) leadership and (6) motivation.

Q7: Is it possible for a graduate student of another graduate school to apply?

A7: Yes. An applicant should submit an academic transcript of the school he/she is currently attending, together with other application documents. If the applicant is accepted, he/she must formally withdraw from the school presently attending in order to become a bonafide student of the Graduate School of Media and Governance.

Q8: Are entrance examinations conducted for career professionals?

A8: Yes. "Doctoral Program for Career Professionals" system is available to applicants who are career professionals. They may continue to work while pursuing their Doctoral studies in the Graduate School of Media and Governance. They are exempted from submitting a part of the application documents. Students who enrolled under this system are exempted from some of the requirements for acquiring Doctoral degree.
Doctoral Program for Career Professionals
"Master's Program for Career Professionals" takes into consideration that the applicant is a career professional at the time of application for the program. Unlike the Doctoral Program for Career Professionals, the Master's Program Application for Career Professionals is not designed to be completed while continuing to work.
Master's Program Application for Career Professionals